Meet Dr. Shahzad Alam Shah MBBS, FCPS (Gen.Surg)
Dr. Shahzad Alam Shah is a renowned consultant general and laparoscopic surgeon practicing in the cultural and historic city of Lahore. He has the credit and the hounor of being the first and only recognized laparoscopic surgeon in any public sector organization of the country.
The epicenter of Dr. Shahzad`s clinical practice is minimal invasive (laparoscopic) surgery with an interest specific to laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, hernia, gastrointestinal and obesity surgery.
Dr. Shahzad has a number of publications to his credit and has organized national and International Surgical Conferences and live laparoscopic workshops. He has been the general secretary and member executive council of Society of Surgeons Pakistan.
As a member of faculty of surgery Dr. Shahzad continues teaching through courses allied to his busy public and private surgery practice and has presented his laparoscopic experience at various conferences.This page will introduce you to Dr. Shahzad Alam through a brief profile that includes his current appointments, academics and clinical experience record.
- A/Professor of Laparoscopic Surgery
Fatima Jinnah Medical College & Visiting Laparoscopic Surgeon Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Lahore Pakistan
- Private Consultantion and Surgical Practice
Mid City Hospital, Jail Road, Lahore, Pakistan
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery MBBS: 1988
Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons (General Surgery) 1998
Since 1994, Dr. Shahzad Alam has been practicing in the field of surgery. His experience of surgery started in 1994 initially as registrar surgery in the public sector hospitals where he promoted as senior registrar and than as Assistant professor of surgery.
Dr. Shahzad started his private practice in 1998 as consultant General and Laparoscopic surgeon in various leading private hospitals of the city.
Nowadays , hìs surgical practice is focused at at Mid City Hospital Lahore as Consultant Laparoscopic surgeon.
Dr. Shahzad carry a vast experience of performing advanced laparoscopic procedure and has developed his surgical skills exponentially over the years.
Dr. Shahzad Alam has a number of publications to his credit. He has to his credit more than ten original articles in the field of surgery that are published in important national and international journals of surgery. Dr Shahzad Alam is author of two books as well.
Research Paper Presentations/Academic Activities
As a member of faculty of surgery Dr. Shahzad Alam continues teaching through courses allied to his busy public and private surgery practice and has presented his laparoscopic experience at various conferences.
- Certificate of outstanding contribution to the annual scientific symposium, 2001.
- Organizer and Coordinator of the ATLS Course workshop for the Doctors & Nurses held at Lahore General Hospital Lahore in 2002
- Organizer of the Intensive Clinical Course for the Postgraduate Students held at Lahore General Hospital Lahore in 2003
- Organized “The Trauma Course” at Lahore General Hospital Lahore, for Emergency Doctors in 2004.
Organizer and conference secretary of an Internatioanal Surgical conference “SURGICON 2008’’ held at Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore by Society of Surgeons of Pakistan.Attended various national and International surgical conference to keep himself abreast of latest knowledge and techniques in the field of surgery.
- Supervisor FCPS II General Surgery
- Examiner College of Physicians and Surgeons Lahore (FCPS)
- Member Executive Society of Surgeons Pakistan (Lahore Chapter)
- General Secretary Society of Surgeons Pakistan, Lahore Chapter Session 2007-2009
- Member Society of Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgeons Pakistan
- Coordinator "Laparoscopic Surgeons Group"